Here is our net worth for November of 2013:
|November of 2013|
|Checking||$2,487||Morgage @ 5.875%||$61,119|
|Savings||$1||HELOC @ 2.89%||$41,183|
|Stocks||$139||Credit Cards @ 0%||$1,027|
|HSA @ Alliant CU||$4,098|
Thoughts and Comments on Our Net Worth
- The rising market is helping our bottom line…for now.
- I’m really looking forward to paying off that credit card debt! I’m done with credit cards; they’re dangerous.
- I have got to get that mortgage balanced refinanced. My current rate of 5.875% is just too high. I feel like I’m leaving money on the table by not taking care of this.
- The HELOC will increase as I borrow from it to finance the rest of 2013. As soon as we receive our IRA distributions in January, we will park the money in the HELOC and reduce that balance.
- We took our last 457 distribution for the year; it was a $5,000 withdrawal.
- In January I will adjust the value of our cars; they’re probably worth less than $3,000.
- Overall, our net worth increased a little over $12,000 since October. Thank you Mr. Market.